CMDBuild includes a scheduler that can be configured to run automated tasks in the background, both synchronous and asynchronous.
The scheduler allows you to:
- check incoming emails from default accounts and/or with known patterns and register them in the system along with the attachments, notify the incoming, starts a workflow using its basic information (date, sender, subject, etc) or by running the"parsing" of the body of the email
- check if certain asynchronous conditions happen on CMDB data (such as the upcoming expiration of a warranty) and notify you via email, start a workflow, perform a system script
- check if certain asynchronous conditions happen on CMDB data (such as the change of a CI from an user to another) and notify you via email, start a workflow, perform a system script
- start a workflow, with a set frequency
- start an instance of the Wizard Connector with a set frequency
The control panel of the Scheduler (Task Manager) which is available in the Administration module, shows the tasks and their status and allows you to:
- start a task that is not active
- pause a started task
- configure a new type of task
- change the configuration of an already created task
- remove a task
- clone a task
The system is based on open source tool Quartz.
|Administrator Manual: Task Manager|