CMDBuild is released under the open source AGPL (Affero GPL) license:
Anyone can download it, install it and freely use it .
CMDBuild allows you to create a complete and low cost IT Asset Management system.
An open source solution allows you to:
- Avoid high costs for the license
- Have the source code to limit the dependence from the service provider
- Guarantee more freedom of use, in more locations and according to more types of demand.
- Re-use the best open source software components
- Re-use other users developed on request and shared features
- Collaborate to an users community where the experiences are shared in terms of organization and implementation (data model, processes, ect.)
An open source solution is not free, neither in terms of external services or in terms of internal implementation costs. Nevertheless, several influential sources acknowledge that the requested total cost is lower (TCO, Total Cost Ownership)
An open source product is not necessarily a good product, but nowadays due to the market evolution, there are several open source solutions which are technologically more advanced and better supported than the analog proprietary applications.
The integrated or interoperable open source components in CMDBuild are evaluated as the most complete, widespread and developed to date.
|Logo conditions of use|