Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections

A mature project

Fifteen man-years of "core" development.
More than 300 downloads per month.
Trusted by hundreds of companies in Italy and abroad.

Assets and much more

CMDBuild can be used in many contexts. Real estate management, office practices, vertical applications.

Document Actions

CMDbuild Config issues

You are here: Home CMDBuild Forum Forum for developers (English language) CMDbuild Config issues
Up to Forum for developers (English language)

CMDbuild Config issues

Posted by sanjai at October 17. 2011

I've installed CMDbuild with the following (Ubuntu 10.10 / Postgres 8.4 / Tomcat 6)

But when i configure the database through web, it throws the following connection error.

"org.cmdbuild.exception.ORMException: ORM_DATABASE_CONNECTION_ERROR at org.cmdbuild.exception.ORMException$ORMExceptionType.createException(ORMException.java:60) at org.cmdbuild.servlets.json.Configure.testConnection(Configure.java:32) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)"

I've tried multiple JDBC version and currently what i am using is "postgresql-9.0-802.jdbc4.jar" (/usr/share/tomcat6/lib)

Pls share if you guys faced it before and found a solution!!

Sanjai

Re: CMDbuild Config issues

Posted by Tecnoteca at October 17. 2011

Have you configured PostgreSQL to accept TCP connections? Try and see if you can connect with the standard command line tools by running "psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres".

Paolo

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:

Have you configured PostgreSQL to accept TCP connections? Try and see if you can connect with the standard command line tools by running "psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres".

Paolo

Paolo,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the mentioned command now and able to connect inside the machine.

/# psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres
Password for user postgres:
psql (8.4.9)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

and even i am able to telnet locally.

/# telnet localhost 5432
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

^CConnection closed by foreign host.
root@vmarrowecsubuntu:/#

But the issue is still in the web (Database connection error)

"org.cmdbuild.exception.ORMException: ORM_DATABASE_CONNECTION_ERROR"

Do i need to reset or restart or any help would be appreciated.

Sanjai

Previously Tecnoteca wrote:

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Connection is successful. In Web, I Changed "Host" from IP address to "localhost" and it says "Connection is Successful"

Thanks.