CMDBuild is a native multilanguage application.
There are two levels of localizations available:
- localization of interface elements: standard menu, buttons, page titles and TAB labels, header and footer of the application, administration interface, etc.
- full application localization: menus, names of the classes and attributes, domains names and descriptions, lookup lists, etc.
Since CMDBuild is an environment that has to be configured through the available features and comes without a data model, workflows and default reports, the standard localization is just the first one.
The first level localization:
- is made possible thanks to the users of the application, which can submit their localization through a form on this website
- includes several languages (check the download page for the complete list)
- is based on json files managed by Tecnoteca
Once a user has configured his CMDBuild instance, the localization of second level becomes available in order to have the entire application in the desired languages.
The location of the second level:
- is performed directly from within the application by using the appropriate functions of the Administration module
- can be exported/re-imported in CSV format to work externally from the application or to make it available to other users
- is already available in English and Italian languages for those who adopt already configured instances of CMDBuild such as CMDBuild READY2USE and openMAINT.