The current developments will bring in the first quarter of 2013 to the release of version 2.1, focused on the possibility of defining "views" in multiple ways:
- by saving the result of a search filter
- specifying restriction criteria on rows and columns when defining permissions for every user group
- writing custom SQL queries
We'll release also an extension for the current GIS feature with the ability to selectively display the various layers containing geometrical data, so you can for example operate separately on different floors of a building.
The next release will include new features to improve application forms:
- customization of the form layout
- attributes grouping
- multiple column layout
- text and background colors
- patterns to display data
- dynamic valorisation of attributes by using concatenation of other attributes (including those belonging to other classes) and steady strings (avoiding the current need to create triggers in the database)
- definition of default values and data validation in the editing stage of a card/board:
- default values through fixed criteria (the same date as today's date, boolean attribute equal to true, etc.) or related to other attributes
- validation through fixed criteria (date: not before "01/01/2010, not above 100, etc.), or related to other attributes (end date: not before start date, assignee asset not possible for scrapped assets, etc.)
In the first quarter of 2014 the "CMDBuild 4 BIM" project, managed by a joint working group constituted by members of Tecnoteca staff and Professors and researchers from the University of Udine, will be concluded.
The aim of the project is getting the ability of using CMDBuild as a tool for real estate management, by complementing it with some of the features provided in the new building methods, which have been named BIM (Building Information Modeling).
In this context CMDBuild will not only provide the necessary features for "asset lifecycle management" (inventory, workflow management, design reporting / dashboard), but will also be made interoperable with other BIM-compliant tools (of design, execution of structural calculations, energy verification, etc.), supporting the main standards of data interchange (IFC, Cobie, CityGML).
Unlike the existing GIS functions, it will be possible to see the graphical output in three-dimensional mode, allowing the users, for example, to "move" within environments in order to select items such as fire extinguishers hanging on the walls, systems that go across different floors, servers inserted/put into a rack cabinet, etc.