2.3 release will include the following new features/improvements.
New mobile interface
Many of the operations carried out during the management of the assets life-cycle happen on the field (delivery/pick up of a pc or devices, inventory, etc.) and it would be very useful being able to register them in the moment they actually happen. Even better if you could use QR code in order to access data and attach pictures of the interventions during or after its execution.
The new CMDBuild mobile interface will be easy to use on smartphones and tablets and it will satisfy this kind of needs and many more.
The new mobile interface will be reserved to those who subscribe to the maintenance service.
New external GUI Framework interface
In different circumstances, it's useful to have flexible and fast solutions, through which you can grant CMDBuild features to users who would rather operate on intranet portals or for example on external webpages, whether they were pre-existent or developed ad hoc.
These needs are often encountered when you start and follow the path of some query or a malfunction notice, when you consult the Service Catalogue and subscribe new entries or when you approve queries in the area of interest of collaborative workshops.
The new tool called 'External GUI' will fulfil all these needs with a solution:
- which will allow more freedom during graphic layout design operations, identifiable through an XML index term, and direct action on the sheet, CSS style
- capable of guaranteeing short times of configuration, thanks to predefined functions (communication logics, authentication and so on) and native graphic solutions (form, grid, upload buttons and other widgets)
In addition to webservice SOAP, already available from the first CMDBuild versions, a new webservice is about to be released, based on REST protocol.
The new webservice REST has been developed in the same Apache CXF framework already in use for webservice SOAP in CMDBuild.
- possibility to reply inside manageMail widget
- possibility to rely to parameters (“today”, “today – 10 days”, etc.) during the identification of asynchronous events
- better management of the HTML code during attribute editing in HTML text
Bugs highlighted by users have been fixed.
As most important news, 2.5 release is going to include the complete remake of the Relation Graph.
New Relation Graph
This feature will be completely rewritten with more updated technical solutions and additional features.
From a technical point of view, we are analysing the possibility of using WebGL-based libraries, already used for the IFC model viewer (3D georeference) integrated in CMDBuild.
From a functional point of view the possibilities are as follows:
- to select the “domains” you can view through the configuration of one or more “navigation trees” (this function has been recently introduced into the Administration Module)
- to set filters
- to surf among the resultant items
- to explore cluster of elements not able to be individually viewed because they are too many.
We are planning the implementation of other functions set to highlight the relations among the graph elements, which allow a data “impact analysis”.
Through this extension we want to get the visual validation that, if we switch off a server, the applications turn out non-active, so that certain services are going not to reach certain user groups.The Relation Graph remake is going to be available to everyone, the advanced analysis impact functions are going to be available to those who subscribe the maintenance service.
As most important news, 2.5 release is going to include new mechanisms for a better management of data updating forms.
New controls for the data form management
The following features are going to be implemented:
- form design customisation:
- attributes grouping
- arrangement on several columns
- text colour and background
- data view pattern
- dynamical optimization of attributes through the connection of other attributes (even other classes) and stable strings (avoiding the actual need to create trigger in the database)
- definition of default values and data validation during the card editing:
- default values through stable criteria (today's date, same boolean true attribute, etc.) or criteria related to other attributes
- validation through stable criteria (date after January 1st, 2010, number under 100, etc.) or related to other attributes (end date after the beginning date, asset recipient not possible for scrapped assets, etc.)
- extension by using widgets